People are not born with wings. Every time we take to the air, our heavy bones and featherless arms are defying nature. But who cares? It is the best feeling ever! The EPIC MOTOR is for pilots taking those first big steps into the skies, and also for seasoned pilots who want something easy to enjoy the air with. Don’t get us wrong, this PPG wing is a hoot, capable of performing SATs and helicos with ease, but it has been optimised for ease of use – easy launch, easy landing, versatility and safety. Break the laws of nature. Turn those feathered heads and take to the skies with the EPIC MOTOR.
Making our most versatile wing truly multi-purpose. Whether free flying or buzzing around, the EPIC MOTOR will take you through every season in style. It retains the line-set and sail of the Epic, but has a redesigned riser system to make powered flight ultra comfortable and fun. The EPIC MOTOR has a good speed range and efficient trimmer system for fast, safe flights. To free fly, simply pull in the trimmers and take to the air!
With a easy aspect ratio of 5.0 the EPIC MOTOR has a perfect balance between safety and performance. With only 42 optimized cells the EPIC MOTOR is a simple, rugged, and very clean powered paraglider. I gave the EPIC MOTOR an easy pitch profile and arc for a high degree of passive safety, allowing the pilot to concentrate on the fun flying. The new PPG risers provide brilliant speed, safety and features that every motor pilot will appreciate.
- Top surface : Dominico N30 42g/m²
- Bottom surface : Dominico N20 36g/m²
- Internal structure : Porcher Skytex Hard 40g/m²
- Nose reinforcing : Plastic wire 2,3mm and 2,7mm
- Risers : 13mm black Kevlar/nylon webbing
- Pulleys : Ronstan/Harken P18 pulleys
- Top lines : Liros DSL (Sheathed)
- Middle lines : Liros DSL (Sheathed)
- Lower lines : Liros TSL (Sheathed)
- Brakes : Liros DSL (Sheathed)